Green Point Backpackers FAQ’s
- To secure your reservation we require a non-refundable deposit equivalent to the 1st night stay within 7 working days of the original reservation. Provisional bookings not confirmed within 7 working days will automatically be cancelled and made available to other clients.
- The deposit payment can be made on-line via our secure payment agency – (Ashanti Reservations will send you a link). Alternatively, one can pay by bank deposit from a South African bank. The remaining balance can be settled on arrival in cash or credit card.
- Cancellation of a booking must be made in writing (via email) and will only take effect once such cancellation has been received by Ashanti Lodge. The 1st night stay deposit paid will be non- refundable, however we will refund any other monies paid provided that the reservation is cancelled/amended prior to 14 days before arrival. If cancelled within 14 days – no refunds will be given.
- We gladly accept all groups into Ashanti Lodge. We can accommodate groups of up to 25 people, subject to room availability.
- Any group with more than 10 guests will be considered a group booking. We need to have the details of at least one person that will be the designated tour leader and has a valid credit card.
- The tour leader agrees to the Ashanti house rules and will be accountable for the group’s actions and charged on that credit card in the event of damage to the property or violation of building codes.
- A form with contact details will need to be filled in.
- We require all group bookings to put down the 1st night’s stay as a deposit to secure the reservation.
- This deposit needs to be paid within one week of making the reservation; otherwise the reservation will be cancelled.
- The remainder of the balance is due 30 days before arrival.
- Cancellation of your group reservation or reduction in bed numbers must be sent via email at least 14 days prior to arrival. We will retain the 1st night’s stay deposit.
- Reservations cancelled or bed numbers reduced with 14 days’ notice or less prior to the arrival date will receive no refund.
- Rooming list required 14 days prior to arrival.
If you book your accommodation online via this site, you can book the airport transfer at the same time.
Alternatively, you can take the Airport Shuttle bus from International Arrivals. The bus will stop at the Civic Centre in the city centre from where you will need to change to the suburban bus to Gardens. Please click on the MyCiti bus site here for more info.