Cape Point with Bicycles
Experience the scenic Cape Point with some exercise (but not too much!). Take in some of the best views in Cape Town, white sandy beaches and serious amounts of fresh air.
This tour takes you on a scenic drive along the Atlantic seaboard, with a stop in Hout Bay for an optional cruise to see Cape fur seals, and a hair-raising drive along Chapman’s Peak. You’ll make another stop in Simons Town to see a colony of Cape Jackass penguins at Boulders Beach. Once inside the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, you will trade the bus for bicycles, and ride around the peninsula until lunch, which will be served somewhere stunning within the reserve. You’ll walk off your lunch hiking up to the top lighthouse at Cape Point, and then down to the Cape of Good Hope. The drive home takes you through the tiny seaside village Scarborough, and the pretty Kommetjie. With flora, fauna, and stunning views, what more could you ask for?
- Drive along the Atlantic Seaboard, past Clifton & Camps Bay
- Stop off in Hout Bay for an optional boat cruise to Duiker Island to see Cape Fur Seals
- Drive Chapman’s Peak to Simon’s Town to see a colony of Jackass Penguins at Boulders Beach.
- Inside the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, ride bicycles around the peninsula
- Lunch in the reserve
- Hike to the Cape Point lighthouse and Cape of Good Hope after lunch
- Drive home through Scarborough and Kommetjie
Optional Extra: Boat Ride to Duiker Island
You will need:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Shorts or trousers
- A sweater/windbreaker
- Sunscreen (For summer time… SPF 30+)
- Bathing costume. (Should the weather allow it, we will have lunch at one of the beaches and swimming might be possible!)