Gardens Backpackers FAQ’s
- To secure your reservation we will charge your credit card with an amount which is equivalent to the first nights stay. The remaining balance can be settled on arrival in cash or credit card.
- Cancellation of a booking must be made in writing (via email) and will only take effect once such cancellation has been received by Ashanti Lodge. The 1st night stay deposit paid will be non-refundable.
- We will refund any other monies paid provided that the reservation is cancelled/amended prior to 14 days before arrival (less a 7% admin fee).
- If cancelled within 14 days of arrival, no refunds will be given.
NON-REFUNDABLE RATE BOOKINGS
- All reservations made at the non-refundable rate will be charged in full at the time of booking.
- These rates are non-refundable with no exceptions.
A reservation of 8 or more is considered a group booking.
We require all group bookings to put down the 1st night’s stay as a deposit within one week of making the reservation in order to secure the booking.
Cancellations made 0-7 days prior to arrival date: 100% of total tariff
Cancellations made 15-28 days prior to arrival date: 25% of total tariff
Cancellations made 28 days prior to arrival date: 10% of total tariff
Cancellations made 8-14 days prior to arrival date: 50% of total tariff
The remainder of the balance is due 30 days before arrival.
At certain times of the year (New Years Eve, Easter weekend, Rugby Tens and other ad-hoc events) we reserve the right to ask for full payment with the possibility of no refund. We will advise accordingly.
Yes, a basic backpacker breakfast is included in the rate. Read more here.
We have a free basic backpacker breakfast and there is also an upgrade to a cooked buffet breakfast if you wish. See pics and more here.
If you book your accommodation online via this site, you can book the airport transfer at the same time.
Alternatively, you can take the Airport Shuttle bus from International Arrivals. The bus will stop at the Civic Centre in the city centre from where you will need to change to the suburban bus to Gardens. Please click on the MyCiti bus site here for more info.
All our properties have free hi-speed fibre wi-fi access. For those (rare) travellers without their own device we also have a computer terminal for guests’ use. There is a small cost for the use of these to help maintain their upkeep. We also have a public phone available for your use.
Yes, we have a hand basin and clothes line but also offer a laundry service. There are collections and deliveries twice a day and a load up to 4 kg costs R70.