Green Point Backpackers FAQ’s
- To secure your reservation we require a non-refundable deposit equivalent to the 1st night stay within 7 working days of the original reservation. Provisional bookings not confirmed within 7 working days will automatically be cancelled and made available to other clients.
- The deposit payment can be made on-line via our secure payment agency – (Ashanti Reservations will send you a link). Alternatively, one can pay by bank deposit from a South African bank. The remaining balance can be settled on arrival in cash or credit card.
- Cancellation of a booking must be made in writing (via email) and will only take effect once such cancellation has been received by Ashanti Lodge. The 1st night stay deposit paid will be non- refundable, however we will refund any other monies paid provided that the reservation is cancelled/amended prior to 14 days before arrival. If cancelled within 14 days – no refunds will be given.
- We gladly accept all groups into Ashanti Lodge. We can accommodate groups of up to 25 people, subject to room availability.
- Any group with more than 10 guests will be considered a group booking. We need to have the details of at least one person that will be the designated tour leader and has a valid credit card.
- The tour leader agrees to the Ashanti house rules and will be accountable for the group’s actions and charged on that credit card in the event of damage to the property or violation of building codes.
- A form with contact details will need to be filled in.
- We require all group bookings to put down the 1st night’s stay as a deposit to secure the reservation.
- This deposit needs to be paid within one week of making the reservation; otherwise the reservation will be cancelled.
- The remainder of the balance is due 30 days before arrival.
- Cancellation of your group reservation or reduction in bed numbers must be sent via email at least 14 days prior to arrival. We will retain the 1st night’s stay deposit.
- Reservations cancelled or bed numbers reduced with 14 days’ notice or less prior to the arrival date will receive no refund.
- Rooming list required 14 days prior to arrival.
Our rates vary considerably dependent on the time of year, room type, length of stay and occupancy rate.
Please email Reservations on [email protected] with all the necessary information and we will send a quote.
No – the property is self-catering only. We can arrange a breakfast for groups though
Yes, we can arrange a meet-and-greet pick up from the airport for you. This will cost R280 per journey for up to 4 passengers with baggage which is payable directly to the driver. Kindly provide your exact flight details including flight number, and we will confirm the arrangements.
Alternatively, you can take the Airport Shuttle bus from International Arrivals. The bus will stop at the Civic Centre in the city centre from where you will need to change to the suburban bus to Gardens. Please click on the MyCiti bus site here for more info.
We have 4-bed and 6-bed room dormitories and 2 or 3-bedded shared rooms. The dorms and standard private rooms are not en-suite but there are plenty of communal bathrooms for your use. The dorm rooms all have private lockers, individual reading lights, individual safes and fluffy white duvets.
NO. All rooms (including the dormitories) are fully equipped with pillows, pillow cases, sheets and duvets. We suggest you bring your own towel if staying in a dorm, but we do have many available at reception to hire if needed.
Our en-suite rooms only have double beds (no twins available) and situated on the top floor of the building.
Yes we do have barbeque facilities and they are available for your use at any time. You may need to buy your own wood or charcoal though!
Yes, we have a lovely sparkling pool at the back of the building with great pool loungers to chill in.
Yes, we have a communal kitchen that is fully equipped. You may also store your food in our cupboards or in the big fridge.
Yes, we have free wi-fi throughout the building.
No, we don’ have on-site washing facilities, but can offer a laundry service at R70 per load up to 4kg.
No, I am afraid we don’t but we can advise the nearest bureau de change.
Yes, we have a luggage storage room that you may use during your travels.
No we don’t but we can advise on food delivery companies and great restaurants nearby.
No, but we have a darts board and various other card and board games for your entertainment.
Yes, we have a dedicated demarcated off-street parking area that can accommodate up to 6 vehicles. It is not fenced, but does have a CCTV camera pointing at it and our guests’ vehicles are fairly safe there. It is on a first-come, first served basis so we cannot reserve a parking bay for you and there may be a situation where tour vehicles are already parked up. In that case, there is plenty of safe street parking nearby.