Ashanti Guesthouse FAQ’s
- STANDARD BOOKINGS:To secure your reservation we will charge your credit card with an amount which is equivalent to the first nights’ stay. The remaining balance can be settled on arrival in cash or credit card. Cancellation of a booking must be made in writing (via email) and will only take effect once such cancellation has been received by Ashanti Lodge. The 1st night stay deposit paid will be non-refundable. We will refund any other monies paid provided that the reservation is cancelled/amended prior to 14 days before arrival (less a 7% admin fee). If cancelled within 14 days – no refunds will be given.
NON-REFUNDABLE RATE BOOKINGS
All reservations made at the non-refundable rate will be charged in full at the time of booking.
These rates are non-refundable with no exceptions.
- We gladly accept all groups into Ashanti Guest House. We can accommodate groups of up to 25 people, subject to room availability.
- Any group with more than 8 guests will be considered a group booking. We need to have the details of at least one person that will be the designated tour leader and has a valid credit card.
- The tour leader agrees to the Ashanti house rules and will be accountable for the group’s actions and charged on that credit card in the event of damage to the property or violation of building codes.
- A form with contact details will need to be filled in.
- We require all group bookings to put down the 1st night’s stay as a deposit to secure the reservation.
- This deposit needs to be paid within one week of making the reservation.
- The remainder of the balance is due 30 days before arrival
- Cancellation fees are:
Cancellations made 0-7 days prior to arrival date 100% of total tariff
Cancellations made 8-14 days prior to arrival date 50% of total tariff
Cancellations made 15-28 days prior to arrival date 25% of total tariff
Cancellations made 28 days prior to arrival date 10% of total tariff
Ashanti Guest House is situated in the safe neighbourhood of Gardens, which is just a 15 minute walk through the Botanical Gardens to the City Centre. Have a look here for more info and detailed directions. Please remember you need to check in at the main house which is the Ashanti Backpackers Lodge at 11 Hof Street.
Yes, the rate includes our wonderful buffet breakfast served at the main lodge around the corner.
Breakfast is served in the Kumasi Cafe in the main lodge. It is included in your room rate.
Yes, we can arrange a meet-and-greet pick up from the airport for you. This will cost R250 per journey for up to 4 passengers with baggage which is payable directly to the driver. Kindly provide your exact flight details including flight number, and we will confirm the arrangements.
If you book your accommodation online via this site, please advise if you require this service.
Alternatively, you can take the Airport Shuttle bus from International Arrivals. The bus will stop at the Civic Centre in the city centre from where you will need to change to the suburban bus to Gardens. Please click on the MyCiti bus site here for more info.