3 Day Budget Kruger Safari
The perfect budget safari for people short on time in Kruger National Park.
We depart from Joburg on our way to your accommodation in a private game reserve in Greater Kruger. You will find animals, such as giraffes and antelopes, wandering freely around your accommodation. But they are not the main attraction. After settling in we head off to search for big five on an afternoon safari in Kruger National Park. In case you missed something on day 1, you will have another chance during your full-day game drive starting early in the morning on day 2. The guides will explain all animal behaviour as well as interesting facts during your game drives. On day 3 get up early for an optional sunrise game drive or bush walk through the park before we return to Johannesburg.
Make sure to not miss this safari experience with an afternoon and full day game drive in Kruger.
Day 01: Johannesburg – Kruger Safari Park (383km)
Departing Johannesburg early morning, your transfer will collect you from your hotel in
Johannesburg between 5-6am. The route takes us East across the Lowveld and down the
Schoemanskloof pass into the citrus rich farmlands of the South African Lowveld.
Arrival mid-afternoon at the lodge at the Kruger Safari Lodge in time for a relaxing afternoon before
taking part in a Kruger Sunset open vehicle game drive.
Meals Included: Dinner
Day 02: Kruger Safari Park
A full day open vehicle game drive is enjoyed in the Wildlife rich area of the Kruger Safari Park.
Making our way to various points of interest within the Park in search of not only the Big 5 but all
the Kruger plains game and bird life the Kruger Park has to offer.
Returning to the lodge late afternoon for a cool swim in the pool enjoying the African sunset in time
for dinner prepared the South African Way.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 03: Kruger Safari Park – Johannesburg (383km)
An early morning departure for the Panorama route. The Panorama route lies on top of the
escarpment overlooking the Kruger Lowveld and includes spectacular views from Gods Window, a
short walk around the Bourkes Pot Holes and the view over the Blyde River Canyon.
Arrival in Johannesburg is estimated at 18:00 and we will deliver you to your Hotel or at the O R
Tambo International airport. Please note that if you are flying out to please reserve your flight for an
Meals Included: Breakfast
What to pack for Safaris To Southern Africa
- Passport (must be valid at least another 6 months from date of entry.)
- Torch with spare batteries and globes
- Warm Jacket
- Swimming Costume
- Natural Clothing (i.e. No bright colours)
- A pair of light weight long pants and a lightweight long sleeve shirt (to use against the sun)
- Comfortable walking shoes and strops/sandals
- Camera Equipment, Binoculars, and lots of spare memory cards & batteries
- Water bottle
Covid-19 Travel Regulations
- All arriving tourists will arrive with a negative Covid-19 PCR test valid not older than
72 hours and issued by a certified laboratory.
- All arriving tourists will have a confirmed detailed itinerary in hand to submit to
- Upon arrival at the OR Tambo International Airport, King Shaka International Airport
or Cape Town International Airport, tourists will be screened. Those presenting
symptoms will be required to take a Covid test.
- If necessary, tourists will need to enter mandatory quarantine facility at own cost
- Travel may be restricted from high risk countries
- Face masks must be worn at all times.