3 Day Garden Route and Addo Safari (One Way)
The classic Cape town to Addo Elephant National park adventure tour. This 3 day tour is perfect for those with little time who want to see everything that the Garden route has to offer.
Departing every Monday or Friday, you will head along the scenic route 62 to Oudtshoorn. The next day sees you traveling along the garden route through Knysna to the Craggs and finally Jeffreys Bay. Plenty of activities are on offer along this route. Day 3 sees you leaving the surf town of Jeffreys Bay and heading to the Garden Routes flagship park, Addo Elephant National Park. This is where this tour will end.
A great short adventure tour incorporating the best the Garden route has to offer. This tour is also offered as a 4 day tour which will return you to Cape Town.
Cape Town to Oudtshoorn
We leave the Mother City behind and head into the semi-arid Little Karoo along the scenic Route 62 driving to the town of Oudtshoorn, known as the ostrich capital of the world, it is situated in a beautiful, fertile valley between the Outeniqua and Swartberg Mountains. Here you can choose between:
- The Cango Caves where we will embark on a 1-hour guided tour of the cave system to view its massive caverns and a wonderland of stalactite and stalagmite formations, millions of years old. Cango Caves is a world heritage site and one of the great wonders of the natural world. Or if you enjoy spelunking and don’t mind trying to squeeze through some smaller gaps then you are also welcome to take the 1.5-hour adventure tour!
- Go on a guided tour of the Cango Endangered Wildlife Ranch for an opportunity to pet cheetah, cage dive with crocodiles and view and learn about many rare and endangered animal species.
We then head over the Outeniqua Mountains to the lush coastal region known as the Garden Route where we will head to the beach town of Sedgefield where we spend our first night. If time allows we will also head to the beach for a swim in the Indian Ocean.
Meals Included: Dinner
Included Highlights: Standard or adventure guided tour of Cango Caves OR Cango Endangered Wildlife ranch
Sedgefield to Jeffrey’s Bay
This morning we drive through Knysna on our way to the Crags where you have a number of options to choose from:
- Elephant Sanctuary where you learn about, and interact with orphaned elephants.
- Monkey Sanctuary where rescued monkeys roam free in a large jungle area.
Our next stop is the World’s highest commercial Bungee Jump at 216 meters where you have the opportunity to experience this adrenalin pumping activity. Finally, to end the day we take a beautiful walk through the indigenous Tsitsikamma National Park to the Storms river swing bridges before we head to the famous surfing town of Jeffrey’s Bay where we stay at a backpackers directly on the beach.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Dinner
Included Highlights: Tsitsikamma Forest
Optional Activities: Elephant Sanctuary OR Monkeyland, Bloukrans bungee jump (216m), Bloukrans Bridge walking tour
Jeffrey’s Bay – Addo National Park – Sedgefield
There are 2 options to choose from this morning.
- Sleep in and take some time in the morning to explore the towns many surf factory shops, or go for a surf lesson in one of the most famous surf spots on earth.
- Wake up early and head to Addo Elephant National park where we go on a morning game drive to view the multitudes of wild animals. Addo is home to the Big 5 and it also has the highest concentration of African Elephants in the world!
This is where the 3 Day One Way to Port Elizabeth, Jeffrey’s Bay, Knysna will end.
Meals Included: Breakfast
Included Highlights: Jeffrey’s Bay, Addo Entrance & Game Drive
Optional Activities: Surf Lessons