3 Day Garden Route and Addo Safari (One Way)
The classic Cape town to Addo Elephant National park adventure tour. This 3 day tour is perfect for those with little time who want to see everything that the Garden route has to offer.
Departing every Monday or Friday, you will head along the scenic route 62 to Oudtshoorn. The next day sees you traveling along the garden route through Knysna to the Craggs and finally Jeffreys Bay. Plenty of activities are on offer along this route. Day 3 sees you leaving the surf town of Jeffreys Bay and heading to the Garden Routes flagship park, Addo Elephant National Park. This is where this tour will end.
A great short adventure tour incorporating the best the Garden route has to offer. This tour is also offered as a 4 day tour which will return you to Cape Town.
Cape Town to Sedgefield via Oudtshoorn
Little Karoo, Oudtshoorn, Cango Caves
We leave the Mother City behind and head into the semi-arid Little Karoo along the scenic Route 62 driving to the town of Oudtshoorn, known as the ostrich capital of the world, it is situated in a beautiful, fertile valley between the Outeniqua and Swartberg Mountains. Here you can choose between:
- The Cango Caves where we will embark on a 1-hour guided tour of the cave system to view its massive caverns and a wonderland of stalactite and stalagmite formations, millions of years old. Cango Caves is a world heritage site and one of the great wonders of the natural world. Or if you enjoy spelunking and don’t mind trying to squeeze through some smaller gaps then you are also welcome to take the 1.5 hour adventure tour!
- If caves are not for you, then you will be able to visit an Endangered Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary, home to many local and exotic endangered species.
Next is an option to visit an Ostrich Show Farm to learn more about the industry and a chance to get up close.
We then head over the Outeniqua Mountains to the lush coastal region known as the Garden Route where we will head to the beach town of Sedgefield where we spend our first night. If time allows we head to the beach for a swim in the Indian Ocean.
Meals Included: Dinner
Included Highlights: Standard or Adventure-guided tour of Cango Caves, OR a visit to the Cango Endangered Wildlife ranch.
Sedgefield to Jeffrey’s Bay
Bloukrans Bungee, Elephants Bush Walk & Tsitsikamma National Park
This morning we drive through Knysna on our way to the Crags where you have a number of options to choose from:
- Visit a sanctuary for orphaned elephants where you have the option to learn about these gentle giants and go on an Elephant Bush Walk
- Visit a Monkey Sanctuary where rescued monkeys roam free in a large jungle area
Our next stop is the World’s highest commercial Bungee Jump at 216 meters where you have the opportunity to experience this adrenalin pumping activity. After an adrenaline rush at the bungee we take a walk through the indigenous Tsitsikamma National Park to the Storms river swing bridges before we head to the famous surfing town of Jeffreys Bay where we stay at a backpackers directly on the beach.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Dinner
Included Highlights: Tsitsikamma National Park
Optional Activities: Elephant Bush Walk OR Monkey Sanctuary, Bloukrans bungee jump (216m), Bloukrans Bridge walking tour.
Jeffrey’s Bay to Addo National Park
Game Drive (Addo), Surfing /Shopping time (Jeffrey’s bay)
There are 2 options to choose from this morning.
- Sleep in and take some time in the morning to explore the town’s many surf factory shops, or go for a surf lesson in one of the most famous surf spots on earth.
- Wake up early and head to Addo Elephant National park where we go on a morning game drive to view the multitudes of wild animals. Addo is home to the Big 5 and it also has the highest concentration of African Elephants in the world!
This tour will either end in Port Elizabeth, Jeffrey’s Bay or Knysna. Please be sure to advise us upon booking your tour.
Meals Included: Breakfast
Included Highlights: Jeffrey’s Bay, Addo Entrance & Game Drive
Optional Activities: Addo Game Drive with SANP (morning) OR Surf Lessons, Shopping