Cape Point with Bicycles
Feel the wind blow through your hair as you cycle on your E-bike along the scenic coastline of Cape Point, with spectacular views and encounters with wildlife.
This one-of-a-kind tour takes you on an adventure to Cape of Good Hope. Along the way, you’ll stop at Hout Bay for an optional cruise to see hundreds of Cape fur seals on Seal Island. As the trip continues with breathtaking views and a quick stop at the charming Chapman’s Peak. You’ll arrive at Simons Town to visit a colony of African Penguins. From there you can hop on your E-bike and take a scenic drive to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. After the ride, it’s time for lunch and a small hike to the top lighthouse of Cape Point. After this, you’ll visit the iconic Cape of Good Hope sign for spectacular pictures before you ride home through tiny seaside villages. Look below for more information.
This is a full Cape Peninsula tour. We follow the Atlantic coast past Clifton, Camps Bay & Llandudno, to the fishing village at Hout Bay. Here you have the option of doing a 1/2-hour scenic boat ride to visit an impressive seal colony. We then go over the famed and spectacular Chapman’s Peak drive and head to Boulders Beach, where you have the option to pay the entry to the boardwalk or just view these delightful birds down at the beach and maybe have a swim, We then mount the bikes for the ride along the False Bay coastline and into the Cape Point Nature reserve . The full distance from Boulders to Cape Point is 23km, but there are options to load up sooner if you have had enough. Once at The Point, we hike up to the lighthouse and thereafter follow the clifftop Paths down to Cape of Good Hope. After the obligatory photo at the sign for the South Westernmost tip of the African Continent, we head home via Scarborough, Misty Cliffs, Ocean View and Ou Kaapse Weg. Drop off in the city should be around 18h00
- Drive along the Atlantic Seaboard, past Clifton & Camps Bay
- Stop off in Hout Bay for an optional boat cruise to Duiker Island to see Cape Fur Seals
- Drive Chapman’s Peak to Simon’s Town to see a colony of Jackass Penguins at Boulders Beach.
- Scenic E-bike driver from Simon’s Town to Cape Point in the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve
- Lunch in the reserve
- Hike to the Cape Point lighthouse and Cape of Good Hope after lunch
- Drive home through Scarborough and Kommetjie
Optional Extra: Boat Ride to Duiker Island, Boulders Beach
You will need:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Shorts or trousers
- A sweater/windbreaker
- Sunscreen (For summer time… SPF 30+)
- Bathing costume. (Should the weather allow it, we will have lunch at one of the beaches and swimming might be possible!)