Full Day Wine Tour
A beautiful day spent exploring the picturesque landscapes of Stellenbosch or Franschhoek. With 5 different wine farms on offer, including some of the world famous farms and some small privately owned ones with their own unique culture, you cannot miss this great wine, cheese and chocolate tasting opportunity. Lunch is provided in the form of a traditional South African meal, while many of the wine farms offer beautiful delicatessen type foods. Learn about the wine making process, visit a cellar, take a walk through the vineyards. This full day wine tour really does have it all.
- You will be picked up at your place by one of our wine lords between 8:00 – 9:00 am.
- We visit 5 wine estates in different wine regions – Stellenbosch (the oldest town in SA), Paarl etc.
Some of the estates are only visited by locals with the others being world famous.
- Vineyard walking tour – guiding you through the process from grape to wine in your glass. We also explain the history of wine from 8000BC until present
- Guiding you through the steps of tasting wine and pairing food with wine in a fun and relaxed manner.
- Comprehensive cellar tour at a world-class estate.
- We also visit the world famous wine town itself, Stellenbosch.
- Endless cheese tasting.
- A hearty lunch is served in the middle of the wine lands.
- We get to meet the locals and sometimes the wine makers themselves, sharing stories with them, getting to experience the true culture of living in one of the most renowned wine regions of the world.
- We also try local cured meats and traditional dried fruit treats.
- Chocolate and red wine pairing.
- Sparkling wine (subject to availability), red wine, white wine, ports and more.
- You will be dropped off by your guide, knowing that you tasted plenty wines and local food treats but most of all experienced world renowned estates as well as rare gems showing you a “behind the scenes look” of our unique wine culture.