Artisan Food Tour
This day tour departs every Thursday, will show you all you want know about Cape Town’s artisan food industry. Waking up with a coffee and tea tasting before heading to the Company Gardens for a nice walk and end it with some South African Snacks. Next up is Woodstock for a craft beer & food pairing. We also visit a chocolate factory for a tour, tasting and some hot chocolate to end the sweetness. Back to the city for a walk through Bree Streetand to Bo Kaap to taste from the Eastern kitchens that dominates over here. With tastings of samosas, koesisters and spices you will surely like Bo Kaap. To end the day, we will enjoy a cheese tasting with locally produced wines to accompany them.
After the tour is finished your day doesn’t have to be over. On every first Thursday of the month Cape Town art galleries stay open until late for the First Thursdays event and even if it isn’t a first Thursday you can end the day at the Hope Street Night Market. If you rather go home, you will of course be brought back to your accommodation.
Join us every Thursday for a culinary journey through Cape Town, showcasing some of the best of South Africa’s artisanal producers and creative spaces. From cheesemakers to chocolatiers, charcuterie to craft beer breweries, world renowned wines and traditional snacks.
Let us show you the reasons why Cape Town has become such an amazing culinary destination!
The tour starts at 10am and finishes at 6pm will give you a full day of Capetonian food and drinks.
• First stop is in the city for a coffee tasting and tour at the oldest artisan coffee roasters in South Africa. From here we head to the Company’s Gardens for a walk about and some local snacks, and then we go to Woodstock – a vibrant hidden gem on the outskirts of town for a craft beer & food pairing.
• Now for something sweet! Why not! A tour of a chocolate factory, complete with tasting and a hot chocolate to follow.
• Back to the city to start our walking tour up Bree Street, Cape Town’s coolest strip, coveted by locals and tourists alike. Along the way we will get our teeth into South Africa’s favourite snack, biltong, before heading off to the iconic and colourful district of Bo Kaap to sample the delights of the Cape’s Eastern traditions, including samoosas, koesisters and spices.
• Finish the day with a wonderful cheese platter accompanied with one of SA’s best wines whilst chatting to the cheesemaker.
• With a beautiful afternoon behind us, having soaked up the best of Cape Town’s food, guests can either stay around to check out the city’s vibrant art scene at First Thursdays (first Thursday of the month), or be escorted to the Hope Street Night Market (every Thursday night) or be dropped off at their accommodation.